John went off to have an after-work beer. The gym’s pool closes at 5:30. It’s too hot out for human movement. I decided to go for it and install Drupal.
Is this going to be a huge mistake or not so bad? My guess: both.
- 5:30: I start by logging in to Fatcow.com
- 6:40 Optimistic, I google “Drupal Theme Mobile”
It’s done installing! But somehow weirdly it has installed an old version of Drupal. :(
- 6:44 how to update drupal core on fatcow
- 6:45 how to update drupal core
- 7:05 Linux interface, then unix interface, then unix interface fatcow
- 7:20 does filezilla have a terminal window
- 7:21 use ssh with fatcow
- 7:21 how to unzip in fatcow
Finally it has installed, I have the Bartik admin theme on again.
Now to install modules!
Here is the list:
- Admin Menu - To be able to sort Modules easily
- Backup and Migrate -- So you can backup your site
- CK editor - WYSIWYG editing
- Ctools -- Chaos tools. Required for other things. Generally makes life easier.
- Date - To be able to add Date as a Content Type field
- Display Suite - Arranges content on the page
- Font your face-- to add different fonts to style the site
- IMCE -- for Photos
- Media -- also for photos
- Module filter -- Organizes the module view in admin mode
- Path Auto -- For human-readable URLs
- Token -- Needed for Path auto
- Views -- Needed to build views. I don’t know why this isn’t in core, if it isn’t.
- Wysiwyg - To make editable pages
Download them to my computer, unzip and then reupload them. Why haven’t I installed Drush yet?
8:07 pm. 88 degrees outside. Not yet. Filezilla is still unpacking modules
Done unpacking modules. I add:
- Adaptive image styles
Almost 9 pm. Configuring theme. Now that I’ve started, this will be a lot of work.